Sunday, March 20, 2011

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. Immanual Kant

Day 25
Barger Area
40 minutes



I was exploring the bike path that I found a few runs ago and I was really enjoying it. Until I came across two of the most beautiful kitties! First thought is aww how cute next thought is they have no collars. One of the cats was very young looking, maybe around 6-9 months old and when I bent down to pet it, it tried nursing on my hand. This literally broke my heart. I don't normally use the word hate for anyone or anything but  I hate people who abandon their pets. It's not fair to the animals to be put out on the streets because their owner gets tired of them. Then comes the issue that people don't spay and neuter them so that alone causes more animals to become strays. I have so much compassion for these animals and I want to help is every way I can but I am only one person. A college student at that so I can only do so much. It broke my heart to leave these two cats alone on a bike path beside Beltline unsure if they have any food.
That was kind of a tangent of mine, it is by far my biggest pet peeve and if I could adopt all the strays I would. It is actually one of my life goals to have an animal rescue.
On another side note my new favorite website is Calorie Count besides counting the intake and output of calories this site tells you what nutrients you're lacking in your diet. It's really informational and is helping me eat the right foods with the right vitamins and minerals in them. I got a B today because of high sodium (thanks to a bouillon cube). I recommend the site even if you don't have weight loss goals because it is really helping me stay on track with my nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment