Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Fling

Day 32
The Parental Units House
30 minutes

Today I got a massage from Michelle at Pacific Moon Massage and it was amazing! I felt like a lot of tension was shed off of me. Since she put a little more pressure on my legs I decided to hit the treadmill to make sure I didn't mess up the progress that was made on my legs. I turned on the TV to keep my mind some what entertained and I ended up watching How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. I had to list some of my favorite quotes from that movie:
I find this one particularly funny-after some of my own personal experiences it's not only women that do this.
"Andie: No! I'm going to limit myself to doing everything girls do wrong in relationships. Basically, everything we know guys hate. I'll be clingy, needy..."

Andie: It's our love fern! Oh, Bennie-boo-boo, boo-boo.

Andie: I love you Binky... but I don't have to like you right now.

Andie: Does Princess Sophia want to come out and play?
Ben: Who's Princess Sophia?
Andie: Little, big, little, big... I don't know... we will find out!

Andie: C'mon, blow. Nobody likes a Mr. Sniffles.
Tony: Yeah, uh, I hate Mr. Sniffles.


haha I love this movie.
So good run for a treadmill. I'm really enjoying being home with the family.

Day 31
North Jetty!
30 minutes






I didn't really get to celebrate my half way point yesterday so I thought what better way to "celebrate" than a beach run. I ran with the wind on the way there and against it on the way back. Besides the wind the beach was beautiful. There were some dark rain clouds but rain had yet to fall. It had been so long since I have been to the beach. It was really refreshing. I didn't go as long as I wanted to because of a couple pains here and there that I didn't want to aggravate. I'm getting a massage tomorrow (a light one not a deep tissue) that I am hoping will push those aches and pains out. After my run I sat on a piece of driftwood and just enjoyed the sight. I wish I would have appreciated it more when I lived here. I'm itching for summer- beach bon fires, camping, and skim boarding. I never thought I would say this but I love this town. Don't tell anyone. ;)


Day 30 HALF WAY DONE!(maybe)
Barger Area
45 minutes

I was going to have a busy day so I was up and running pretty quick this morning. I had Volunteers in Medicine today and then a drive to Florence. I really wanted to celebrate my half way point in style but I wasn't sure if I would make it to town in the daylight hours so I just jumped up and ran this morning.
On a good note: I think I am in a lot better shape than I was 30 days ago. I have a better running mentality. I do it because I enjoy it. It is such a huge stress reliever. I look forward to my long runs even if I am running them alone. I am working on doing one at least once a week but I would really like to bump it up to two or three. I am going to see how the start of this term goes and go from there. But I really think I'm gettin the love back. It's something that's constant in my life. Every day changes but at least I know I'm going to be running everyday for at least 30 minutes. I need some consistency in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment